Link Part #S2000X (SKU:233-4000)
The Link G4X range of engine management systems builds upon the previous G4+ ECUs by featuring an all new micro-processor, an upgraded communications chip and expanded data logging. These improvements allow for a more responsive and accurate tune, much faster download speeds and far greater internal data logging capacity.
The Link G4X range of engine management systems are well known for delivering class-leading performance without sacrificing factory levels of drivability. The G4X plug-in ECUs are designed to be the most complete plug-in solution yet.
This Honda plug-in ECU will save you time and money as it will plug straight into the vehicle’s original wiring loom without the need for messy adapter harnesses. It replaces the original circuit board inside the factory ECU enclosure and mounts using the factory brackets.
Designed for the Honda S2000 AP1. Note:
- Please check your connector matches the header in the listed photo before purchasing.
- This ECU works for manual transmissions only.
- This ECU doesn’t support factory E-Throttle Models
- Most factory features are supported.
This Link G4X Honda plug-in ECU is suitable for the models listed below:
- Honda S2000 AP1 1999-2004
- Honda S2000 AP2 2005 (Non E-throttle)
Once the installation is complete, the Link G4X allows a good tuner to achieve an optimal state of tune to get the most out of any combination of modifications.
All Link G4X plug-in ECUs come with a base map. While these maps are designed to help save time for you and your tuner, it is essential that these are used simply as a starting point for further tuning.
For turbo applications, this ECU can also be setup to control boost electronically with in-cabin adjustment. This eliminates the need to purchase a separate electronic boost control system.
The vehicle’s original sensors & actuators are used except for the following exceptions:
- MAP sensor – The factory MAP sensor is supported by the G4X Honda S2000 plug-in and is wired to AN Volt 1. This is suitable for up to around 170kpa (10psi) boost. Ensure that the MAP Calibration is set to Honda 92-99. If more boost is intended to be used a higher rated sensor can be connected to the existing wires or via the expansion connector
- Inlet Air Temp Sensor (IAT) -The factory IAT sensor is supported. To avoid issues of heat soak an alternative IAT sensor can be fitted just prior to the throttle body & connected to the existing IAT wires.
- Electronic Boost Control – For turbo applications, a suitable boost control solenoid must be fitted (available separately from NZEFI). If in-cabin boost adjustment is required then a boost knob or boost switch is also needed. These can all be connected to the expansion connector of the ECU using the XS Loom.
- Injectors – The G4X plug in is NOT designed to be used with low impedance injectors. All of the models this G4X plug is designed for use high impedance injectors so no changes are necessary. However if low impedance aftermarket injectors have been fitted then the correct ballast resistors MUST be fitted (these are available from NZEFI).
Extra sensor inputs
The expansion connectors on the Link G4X board is provided to allow the easy connection of additional ECU inputs. The two expansion connectors on this particular plug-in model provides the following:
- 2 sensor grounds
- 5 digital inputs
- 2 analogue voltage inputs
- 3 auxiliary outputs
These may be used for functions such as driver adjustable boost control, switchable fuel/ignition maps, 0-5V wideband lambda input, external MAP sensor, fuel pressure and oil temp/pressure.
Although S2000 models that have a factory fitted E-Throttle are not supported, this ECU will support a retrofitted electronic (DBW) throttle on a factory non-E-Throttle S2000. This ECU contains a dedicated E-Throttle Expansion Connector which contains Aux 9 & Aux 10 and four An Volt inputs. Aux 6 is set up to control the E-throttle power and so needs to be set as the E-Throttle Relay.
Any redundant outputs may be reconfigured & used for alternative uses. Examples include, shift light, water injection, NOS control etc.
In addition to the ECU which can be purchased separately, we also offer the following packages:
Basic ECU Package:
Turbo ECU Package:
- Link S2000X ECU
- Link XS Loom
- IAT Sensor, Plug and Weld-on Boss
- High-precision Electronic Boost Control Solenoid
- Toggle Switch with Missile Cover
Please select the appropriate package from the drop down menu.