Link Part #TALTX (SKU: 220-4000)
The Link G4X range of engine management systems builds upon the previous G4+ ECUs by featuring an all new micro-processor, an upgraded communications chip and expanded data logging. These improvements allow for a more responsive and accurate tune, much faster download speeds and far greater internal data logging capacity.
The Link G4X range of engine management systems are well known for delivering class-leading performance without sacrificing factory levels of drivability. The G4X plug-in ECUs are designed to be the most complete plug-in solution yet.
This Toyota Altezza plug-in ECU will save you time and money as they will plug straight into your vehicle’s original wiring loom without the need for messy adapter harnesses. It replaces the original circuit board inside the factory ECU enclosure and mounts using the factory brackets. It is suitable for 3SGE powered SXE10 Altezzas in either naturally aspirated (NA) or turbocharged configurations using a manual transmission as detailed below. Automatics are not supported.
- Toyota Altezza – SXE10 1998-2001 models with ‘BEAMS’ 3SGE engine
This Link G4X plug-in ECU integrates fully with the factory car and will keep the factory dash working (water temperature gauge, fuel level light, air conditioning, etc) as it did with the factory ECU. Note that in order for the fuel gauge to operate correctly, the ECU must be tuned in either the ‘modeled’ or ‘modeled – multi-fuel’ fuel equation modes using accurate injector characteristics.
Once the installation is complete, the Link G4X allows a good tuner to achieve an optimal state of tune to get the most out of any combination of modifications.
All Link G4X plug-in ECUs come with a base map. While these maps are designed to help save time for you and your tuner, it is essential that these are used simply as a starting point for further tuning.
For naturally aspirated (NA) applications, the Link G4X plug-in enables the removal of the air flow meter (AFM), making it ideal for using with quad-throttle body setups as well. The engine can easily be converted to speed density by removing the air flow meter and instead using a suitable MAP and intake air temperature sensor.
Likewise, for turbocharged applications, the factory air flow meter is no longer required. This ECU can also be setup to control boost electronically with in-cabin adjustment. This eliminates the need to purchase a separate electronic boost control system.
The vehicle’s original sensors & actuators are used except for the following exceptions:
- MAP sensor – This ECU comes with an on-board 4.0Bar (up to 44psi boost) MAP sensor. If higher boost pressures are required then an external MAP sensor may be used and connected to one of the analog inputs of the G4X’s expansion connector using the XS Loom (sold separately). Alternatively, an external MAP sensor can be connected to the existing wiring that was previously used for the mass air flow sensor.
- Inlet Air Temp Sensor (IAT) – From factory the SXE10 3SGE Altezzas are fitted with an IAT sensor fitted inside the air flow meter. While this factory IAT sensor is supported by the G4X plug-in ECU, the factory air flow meter would need to be kept in place to use the IAT sensor. For best results we recommend an alternative IAT sensor to be fitted to the intercooler/intake pipe just prior to the plenum entrance (these are available from NZEFI). This may use the existing IAT wiring or connect to the expansion connector of the ECU.
- Injectors -The Link G4X plug in is NOT designed to be used with low impedance injectors. Fortunately, the Toyota Altezza SXE10 is factory fitted with high impedance injectors so no change is required. However if aftermarket low impedance injectors have been fitted then the correct ballast resistors MUST be fitted. These are available separately.
Extra sensor inputs
The expansion connector on the Link G4X board is provided to allow the easy connection of additional ECU inputs. The expansion connector provides the following:
- 5V Supply
- Sensor Ground
- 2 Analogue Inputs
- 2 Digital Inputs
- 1 Analogue Temperature Input
These may be used for functions such as driver adjustable boost control, switchable fuel/ignition maps, wideband lambda input, external MAP sensor, fuel pressure and oil temp/pressure.