Link Part #NGTTX
The Link G4X range of engine management systems builds upon the previous G4+ ECUs by featuring an all new micro-processor, an upgraded communications chip and expanded data logging. These improvements allow for a more responsive and accurate tune, much faster download speeds and far greater internal data logging capacity.
The Link G4X range of engine management systems are well known for delivering class-leading performance without sacrificing factory levels of drivability. The G4X plug-in ECUs are designed to be the most complete plug-in solution yet.
This RB Skyline plug-in ECU will save you time and money as it will plug straight into the vehicle’s original wiring loom without the need for messy adapter harnesses. It replaces the original circuit board inside the factory ECU enclosure and mounts using the factory brackets. It is suitable for most grey plug R34 and Stagea RB25 Neo engines using a manual transmission as detailed below. Automatics are not supported.
R34 RB25DET Neo
RB30DET with R34 RB25DET Neo head and loom
With minor wiring modifications, we have also successfully used this ECU on R34s with RB20DE Neo and RB25DE Neo engines either with or without a turbocharger. This plug in will also work on some RB25DET Stagea’s that use a grey plug ECU. It will not work on any RB engines that uses a blue plug ECU. We have another G4X plug-in ECU for this model.
Once the installation is complete, the Link G4X allows a good tuner to achieve an optimal state of tune to get the most out of any combination of modifications.
All Link G4X plug-in ECUs come with a base map. While these maps are designed to help save time for you and your tuner, it is essential that these are used simply as a starting point for further tuning.
The engine can easily be converted to speed density by removing the air flow meter and instead using a suitable MAP and air temperature sensor. Likewise, this ECU can also be setup to control boost electronically with in-cabin adjustment. This eliminates the need to purchase a separate electronic boost control system.
The vehicle’s original sensors & actuators are used except for the following exceptions:
- MAP sensor – This ECU uses the factory external MAP sensor that is found on the RB25DET Neo engines. The vacuum plumbing to this sensor must be altered so that the sensor sees both vacuum and boost. This sensor reads up to approximately 1.3Bar (19psi) of boost. If higher boost pressures are required then an aftermarket external MAP sensor may be used and connected to the factory MAP sensor wiring. On RB20DE and RB25DE Neo engines that do not have a MAP sensor, a suitable sensor may be wired to the G4X’s expansion connector using the XS Loom (sold separately). The airflow meter is not required.
- Inlet Air Temp sensor (IAT) – An appropriate IAT sensor (sold separately) should be fitted just prior to the throttle body. These can be connected to the expansion connector of the ECU using the XS Loom (sold separately).
- Boost control – The factory boost solenoid wiring on R34 RB25DET’s may used, however an appropriate boost solenoid (sold separately) must be used. This solenoid may be fitted to other models where electronic boost control wasn’t originally used by making a minor modification to the wiring loom (contact NZEFI for details).
- Injectors – The Link G4X plug in is NOT designed to be used with low impedance injectors. The R34 Neo engines all are factory fitted with high impedance injectors so no change is required. However if aftermarket low impedance injectors have been fitted then the correct ballast resistors MUST be fitted. These are available separately.
Extra sensor inputs
The expansion connectors on the Link G4X board is provided to allow the easy connection of additional ECU inputs. The two expansion connectors on this particular plug-in model provides the following:
- 2 x 5V Supply
- 2 sensor grounds
- 4 digital inputs
- 4 analogue voltage inputs
- 2 analogue temperature inputs
These may be used for functions such as driver adjustable boost control, switchable fuel/ignition maps, wideband lambda input, external MAP sensor, fuel pressure and oil temp/pressure.
Any redundant outputs may be reconfigured & used for alternative uses, eg extra electric fans, intercooler water spray, shift light, water injection.
–IAT sensor, plug and weld-on boss
–XS Loom to connect extras e.g. IAT and external MAP sensor
–High-precision electronic boost control solenoid
-Ballast resistors pack for low impedance injectors