Link Part #RX7S6+
The Link G4+ range of engine management systems are already well known for delivering class-leading performance without sacrificing factory levels of drivability.
The G4+ plug-in ECUs are designed to be the most complete plug-in solution yet.
This Mazda RX7 plug-in ECU will save you time and money as it will plug straight into the vehicle’s original wiring loom without the need for messy adaptor harnesses. It replaces the original circuit board inside the factory ECU enclosure and mounts using the factory brackets.
This Link G4+ RX7 plug-in ECU is suitable for the models listed below:
Mazda Rx7 Series 6 (FD3S 1992–1995) with single turbo conversion
While the factory sequential turbo control is not supported, full electronic boost control with enhanced features is incorporated for control of single turbo conversions.
Automatics are not supported.
Once the installation is complete, the Link G4+ allows a good tuner to achieve an optimal state of tune to get the most out of any combination of modifications.
All Link G4+ plug-in ECUs come with a base map. While these maps are designed to help save time for you and your tuner, it is essential that these are used simply as a starting point for further tuning.
The engine can easily be converted to speed density by removing the air flow meter and instead using a suitable MAP and air temperature sensor. Likewise, this ECU can also be setup to control boost electronically with in-cabin adjustment. This eliminates the need to purchase a separate electronic boost control system.
The vehicle’s original sensors & actuators are used except for the following exceptions:
- MAP sensor – The factory MAP sensor is supported. This capable of measuring up to 1.2Bar (17.5psi) boost. If higher boost pressures are required then an aftermarket external MAP sensor may be used and connected to the factory MAP sensor wiring. The airflow meter is not required.
- Inlet Air Temp sensor (IAT) – The factory IAT sensor is supported, however for best results we recommend an alternative IAT sensor to be fitted just prior to the throttle body (these are available from NZEFI). This may use the existing IAT wiring or connect to the expansion connector of the ECU.
- Boost control – The factory boost solenoid wiring may be used, however an appropriate boost solenoid must be used (these are available from NZEFI). Note that the factory sequential turbo control is NOT supported.
- Injectors – The G4+ plug in is NOT designed to be used with low impedance injectors. The RX7 S6 models this G4+ plug is designed for use high impedance injectors so no changes are necessary. However if aftermarket low impedance injectors have been fitted then the correct ballast resistors MUST be fitted. These are available from NZEFI.
Extra sensor inputs
The expansion connector on the Link G4+ board is provided to allow the easy connection of additional ECU inputs. The expansion connector provides the following:
- 5V Supply
- Sensor Ground
- 1 digital inputs
- 2 analogue voltage inputs
These may be used for functions such as driver adjustable boost control, switchable fuel/ignition maps, wideband lambda input, external MAP sensor, fuel pressure and oil pressure.
Any redundant outputs may be reconfigured & used for alternative uses, eg extra electric fans, intercooler water spray, shift light, water injection (we NZEFI are happy to assist in details of setting these up).
–IAT sensor, plug and weld-on boss
–XS Loom to connect extras e.g. IAT and external MAP sensor
–High-precision electronic boost control solenoid
-Ballast resistors pack for low impedance injectors