Link Part #EVO8X (SKU: 203-4000)
The Link G4X range of engine management systems builds upon the previous G4+ ECUs by featuring an all new micro-processor, an upgraded communications chip and expanded data logging. These improvements allow for a more responsive and accurate tune, much faster download speeds and far greater internal data logging capacity.
The Link G4X range of engine management systems are well known for delivering class-leading performance without sacrificing factory levels of drivability. The G4X plug-in ECUs are designed to be the most complete plug-in solution yet.
This EVO plug-in ECU will save you time and money as it will plug straight into the vehicle’s original wiring loom without the need for messy adapter harnesses. It replaces the original circuit board inside the factory ECU enclosure and mounts using the factory brackets.
This Link G4X EVO4-8 plug-in ECU is suitable for the models listed below:
- CN9A Lancer Evolution 4
- CP9A Lancer Evolution 5, 6 & 6.5 (TME)
- CT9A Lancer Evolution 7
- CT9A Lancer Evolution 8 (models with 4-plug ECU only)
Note: Some Evo 8 models use a 3-plug ECU. These cars require the Link G4X Evo 9 plug-in ECU.
Once the installation is complete, the Link G4X allows a good tuner to achieve an optimal state of tune to get the most out of any combination of modifications.
All Link G4X plug-in ECUs come with a base map. While these maps are designed to help save time for you and your tuner, it is essential that these are used simply as a starting point for further tuning.
The engine can easily be converted to speed density by removing the air flow meter and instead using a suitable MAP and air temperature sensor. Likewise, this ECU can also be setup to control boost electronically with in-cabin adjustment. This eliminates the need to purchase a separate electronic boost control system.
The vehicle’s original sensors & actuators are used except for the following exceptions:
- MAP sensor – This ECU comes with an on-board 4.0Bar (up to 44psi boost) MAP sensor. For boost pressures above 44psi, an external MAP sensor can be connected to the existing wiring that was previously used for the mass air flow sensor. Alternatively, an external MAP sensor may also be connected to the expansion connector of the ECU using the XS Loom (sold separately). Some EVO VII & EVO VIII models have a factory MAP sensor and these are also supported.
- Inlet Air Temp Sensor (IAT) – An IAT sensor (sold separately) should be installed just prior to the throttle body. This can be connected using existing wiring that was previously used for the mass airflow sensor.
- Electronic Boost Control – The factory boost solenoid control wiring is used, however the boost solenoid itself must be upgraded on applications using an external wastegate or elevated boost levels. If in-cabin boost adjustment is required then a boost knob or boost switch is also needed. These can be connected to the expansion connector of the ECU using the XS Loom.
- Injectors – This ECU will support injectors of any flow rating. However, it is important to check the impedance (or resistance) of injectors. The G4X plug-in is designed to be used with high impedance injectors. Low impedance injectors may only be used with ballast resistors. Luckily, all EVO models have low impedance injectors with a factory-fitted ballast system so no changes are necessary. DO NOT remove the factory fitted ballast resistors unless the injectors are changed to a high impedance type.
Extra sensor inputs
The expansion connectors on the Link G4X board is provided to allow the easy connection of additional ECU inputs. The two expansion connectors on this particular plug-in model provides the following:
- 2 x 5V Supply
- 2 sensor grounds
- 4 digital inputs
- 4 analogue voltage inputs
- 1 analogue temperature inputs
These may be used for functions such as driver adjustable boost control, wideband lambda input, external MAP sensor, fuel pressure and oil pressure.
Any redundant outputs may be reconfigured & used for alternative uses. Examples include, shift light, water injection, NOS control etc.
In addition to the ECU which can be purchased separately, we also offer the following packages:
Basic ECU Package:
Turbo ECU Package:
- Link EVO8X ECU
- Link XS Loom
- IAT Sensor, Plug and Weld-on Boss
- High-precision Electronic Boost Control Solenoid
- Toggle Switch with Missile Cover
Please select the appropriate package from the drop down menu.