Link Part #HC96X
The Link G4X range of engine management systems builds upon the previous G4+ ECUs by featuring an all new micro-processor, an upgraded communications chip and expanded data logging. These improvements allow for a more responsive and accurate tune, much faster download speeds and far greater internal data logging capacity.
The Link G4X range of engine management systems are well known for delivering class-leading performance without sacrificing factory levels of drivability. The G4X plug-in ECUs are designed to be the most complete plug-in solution yet.
This Honda plug-in ECU will save you time and money as it will plug straight into the vehicle’s original wiring loom without the need for messy adapter harnesses. It replaces the original circuit board inside the factory ECU enclosure and mounts using the factory brackets.
This Link G4X Honda plug-in ECU is suitable for the models listed below:
- 1996-1998 JDM Honda Civic (6th Generation) with B16A or B16B engine
- 1996-1998 JDM Honda Integra B18C engine
- Most other B, D and H series powered Hondas from 1996-1998 (must be ODB2a)
Once the installation is complete, the Link G4X allows a good tuner to achieve an optimal state of tune to get the most out of any combination of modifications.
All Link G4X plug-in ECUs come with a base map. While these maps are designed to help save time for you and your tuner, it is essential that these are used simply as a starting point for further tuning.
The engine can easily be converted to speed density by removing the air flow meter and instead using a suitable MAP and air temperature sensor. Likewise, this ECU can also be setup to control boost electronically with in-cabin adjustment. This eliminates the need to purchase a separate electronic boost control system.
The vehicle’s original sensors & actuators are used except for the following exceptions:
- MAP sensor – The factory MAP sensor is supported by the G4X Honda 92-95 plug-in. This is suitable for up to 175kpa (11psi) boost. If more boost is intended to be used a higher rated sensor can be connected to the existing wires (these are available from NZEFI).
- Inlet Air Temp Sensor (IAT) -The factory IAT sensor is supported. To avoid issues of heat soak an alternative IAT sensor can be fitted just prior to the throttle body & connected to the existing IAT wires (these are available from NZEFI).
- Electronic Boost Control – For turbo applications, a suitable boost control solenoid must be fitted (available separately from NZEFI). If in-cabin boost adjustment is required then a boost knob or boost switch is also needed. These can all be connected to the expansion connector of the ECU using the XS Loom.
- Injectors – The G4X plug in is NOT designed to be used with low impedance injectors. All of the models this G4X plug is designed for use high impedance injectors so no changes are necessary. However if low impedance aftermarket injectors have been fitted then the correct ballast resistors MUST be fitted. These are available from NZEFI
While the G4X fully supports the factory distributed ignition there is also the option of upgrading to a 4 coil system for enhanced ignition performance. Contact NZEFI for information on the parts and setup to achieve this.
Extra sensor inputs
The expansion connectors on the Link G4X board is provided to allow the easy connection of additional ECU inputs. The two expansion connectors on this particular plug-in model provides the following:
- 5V Supply
- Sensor Ground
- 2 digital inputs
- 5 analogue voltage inputs
- 6 auxiliary outputs (0.5A current MAX)
- 1 analogue temperature inputs
These may be used for functions such as driver adjustable boost control, switchable fuel/ignition maps, wideband lambda input, external MAP sensor, IAT sensor, fuel pressure and oil temp/pressure.
Any redundant outputs may be reconfigured & used for alternative uses. Examples include, shift light, water injection, NOS control etc. (NZEFI are happy to assist in details of setting these up).