Link Part #NGTRX (SKU: 214-4000)
The Link G4X range of engine management systems builds upon the previous G4+ ECUs by featuring an all new micro-processor, an upgraded communications chip and expanded data logging. These improvements allow for a more responsive and accurate tune, much faster download speeds and far greater internal data logging capacity.
The Link G4X range of engine management systems are well known for delivering class-leading performance without sacrificing factory levels of drivability. The G4X plug-in ECUs are designed to be the most complete plug-in solution yet.
This RB Skyline plug-in ECU will save you time and money as it will plug straight into the vehicle’s original wiring loom without the need for messy adapter harnesses. It replaces the original circuit board inside the factory ECU enclosure and mounts using the factory brackets. It is suitable for most twin-cam RB engines using a manual transmission as detailed below. Automatics are not supported.
R32 RB25DE (with or without turbo)
R32 RB20DET R33 RB25DE with VTC (with or without turbo)
R33 RB25DET with VTC
R32 / R33 / R34 RB26DETT
custom RB30DET using either R32 or R33 RB25 head and loom
This plug in will also work on other twin cam RB powered cars that have the same large blue plug as the Skylines. This includes the A31 Cefiro and C33 Laurel. It will not work on an R34 GT-T. We have another G4X plug-in ECU for this model.
Once the installation is complete, the Link G4X allows a good tuner to achieve an optimal state of tune to get the most out of any combination of modifications.
All Link G4X plug-in ECUs come with a base map. While these maps are designed to help save time for you and your tuner, it is essential that these are used simply as a starting point for further tuning.
The engine can easily be converted to speed density by removing the air flow meter and instead using a suitable MAP and air temperature sensor. Likewise, this ECU can also be setup to control boost electronically with in-cabin adjustment. This eliminates the need to purchase a separate electronic boost control system.
The vehicle’s original sensors & actuators are used except for the following exceptions:
- MAP sensor – This ECU comes with an on-board 4.0Bar (up to 44psi boost) MAP sensor. If higher boost pressures are required then an external MAP sensor may be used and connected to one of the analog inputs of the G4X’s expansion connector using the XS Loom (sold separately). The airflow meter is not required.
- Inlet Air Temp sensor (IAT) – An appropriate IAT sensor (sold separately) should be fitted just prior to the throttle body. These can be connected to the expansion connector of the ECU using the XS Loom (sold separately). Alternatively options exist for modifying the factory loom to use existing wires for the IAT sensor (contact NZEFI for details on this).
- Boost control – The factory boost solenoid wiring on R33 RB25DET’s may be used, however an appropriate boost solenoid (sold separately) must be used.
- Injectors – The Link G4X plug in is NOT designed to be used with low impedance injectors. The R32 RB20 and R33 RB25 engines are factory fitted with high impedance injectors so no change is required. However if aftermarket low impedance injectors have been fitted then the correct ballast resistors MUST be fitted. These are available separately. R32-34 RB26DETT GTR engines all have low impedance injectors from factory, but they already have ballast resistors. If the GTR injectors are replaced with high impedance injectors then the factory ballast resistor pack must be removed.
Extra sensor inputs
The expansion connectors on the Link G4X board is provided to allow the easy connection of additional ECU inputs. The two expansion connectors on this particular plug-in model provides the following:
- 2 x 5V Supply
- 2 sensor grounds
- 4 digital inputs
- 3 analogue voltage inputs
- 2 analogue temperature inputs
These may be used for functions such as driver adjustable boost control, switchable fuel/ignition maps, wideband lambda input, external MAP sensor, fuel pressure and oil temp/pressure.
Any redundant outputs may be reconfigured & used for alternative uses, e.g. extra electric fans, intercooler water spray, shift light, water injection
–IAT sensor, plug and weld-on boss
–XS Loom to connect extras e.g. IAT and external MAP sensor
-High-precision electronic boost control solenoid
-Ballast resistors pack for low impedance injectors
The R32-33 GTS / GTS-T Skyline plug-in ECU is available as either a ‘Basic’ or a ‘Turbocharged’ engine package.
The ‘Basic’ package includes:
- 1 x Link G4 Nissan Skyline R32-33 GTS / GTS-T plug-in ECU
- 1 x Intake air temp sensor with alloy weld-on boss and connector
- 1 x Link XS Loom
The ‘Turbocharged’ package includes: