NZEFI Link G4+ Wire-in ECU (with Round 6-Pin CAN Connector) to CAN / Dash Cable
This cable can be used when connecting a digital dash or any other device via CAN-bus to Link G4+ wire-in ECU that has a CAN bus on the round 6-pin LTW connector just below the tuning port. This includes the following G4+ ECU models:
- Link G4+ Storm Blue (NOT Storm Black)
- Link G4+ Fury – CAN-1 (Fury also has CAN-2 in the ‘B’ connector, DI9/DI10 must not be used)
- Link G4+ Xtreme Red – PCB Revision 1.3b or earlier
- Link G4+ Xtreme Black – CAN-1 (Xtreme Black also has CAN-2 in ‘B’ connector, DI9/DI10 must not be used)
- Link G4+ Thunder – CAN-1 (Thunder also has CAN-1 and CAN-2 in ‘D’ connector)
The two CAN wires (CAN-HI, CAN-LOW) are a twisted pair and are terminated to the 6-pin round LTW connector.
In order to supply power and ground to the devices(s) on your CAN-bus, power and ground wires are also included in the loom in the form of a flying lead.
These four wires are then terminated to a 4-way Deutsch DTM connector at a length of approximately 200mm. The Deutsch connector allows for the ECU to be disconnected from the vehicle easily. The mating side of the 4-way Deutsch DTM connector can also be supplied as an optional variation (connector housing, terminals and wedge).
For connecting to a digital dash, the NZEFI Link G4 / G4+ Plug-in CAN / Dash Extension Cable is also typically required. These extension cables are available in a range of different lengths.
If this loom is required for installation of a Link CAN-Lambda kit, the extension cable or mating connector may not be required if the ECU is mounted within approximately 1m of the exhaust fitting for the sensor. This loom simply plugs straight into the loom that comes with the CAN-Lambda kit.
We believe that this cable is superior to the Link CAN to flying lead cable (Link pt# CANDASH) for the following reasons:
- There is no redundant wiring
- CAN wiring is a twisted pair, improving reliability
- Power and ground wiring is included
- Uses a commonly available, sealed Deutsch connector
Overview of NZEFI Link G4 G4+ ECU to CAN Device Cables