NZEFI Link G4+ / G4X Wire-in ECU Header Connector to CAN / Dash Cable
This cable can be used when connecting a digital dash or any other device via CAN-bus to Link G4+ or G4X wire-in ECU that has a CAN bus on either the ‘A’ or ‘B’ ECU header connector. This includes the following ECU models:
- Link G4+ Atom and Atom II
- Link G4X AtomX
- Link G4+ Monsoon
- Link G4X MonsoonX
- Link G4+ Storm Black (NOT Storm Blue)
- Link G4X StormX
- Link G4+ Fury (has CAN-2 in ‘B’ connector, DI9/DI10 must not be used)
- Link G4X FuryX (has CAN-2 in ‘B’ connector, DI9/DI10 must not be used)
- Link G4+ Xtreme Red – PCB Revision 1.4 or later (has CAN-2 in ‘B’ connector, DI9/DI10 must not be used)
- Link G4+ Xtreme Black (has CAN-2 in ‘B’ connector, DI9/DI10 must not be used)
- Link G4X XtremeX
- Link G4+ Thunder
The two CAN wires (CAN-HI, CAN-LOW) are a twisted pair and are terminated to Link G4-series ECU header connector terminals. These terminals are then to be inserted into ECU header connectors at the appropriate CAN-H and CAN-L positions.
In order to supply power and ground to the devices(s) on your CAN-bus, power and ground wires are also included in the loom in the form of a flying lead.
These four wires are then terminated to a 4-way Deutsch DTM connector at a length of approximately 200mm. The Deutsch connector allows for the ECU to be disconnected from the vehicle easily. The mating side of the 4-way Deutsch DTM connector can also be supplied as an optional variation (connector housing, terminals and wedge).
For connecting to a digital dash, the NZEFI Link G4+/ G4X Plug-in CAN / Dash Extension Cable is also typically required. These extension cables are available in a range of different lengths.
If this loom is required for installation of a Link CAN-Lambda kit, the extension cable or mating connector may not be required if the ECU is mounted within approximately 1m of the exhaust fitting for the sensor. This loom simply plugs straight into the loom that comes with the CAN-Lambda kit.
We believe that this cable is superior to the Link CAN to flying lead cable (Link pt# CANDASH) for the following reasons:
- There is no redundant wiring
- CAN wiring is a twisted pair, improving reliability
- Power and ground wiring is included
- Uses a commonly available, sealed Deutsch connector
Overview of NZEFI Link G4+ G4X ECU to CAN Device Cables