Link Part #EVO9X
The Link G4X range of engine management systems builds upon the previous G4+ ECUs by featuring an all new micro-processor, an upgraded communications chip and expanded data logging. These improvements allow for a more responsive and accurate tune, much faster download speeds and far greater internal data logging capacity.
The Link G4X range of engine management systems are well known for delivering class-leading performance without sacrificing factory levels of drivability. The G4X plug-in ECUs are designed to be the most complete plug-in solution yet.
This EVO plug-in ECU will save you time and money as it will plug straight into the vehicle’s original wiring loom without the need for messy adapter harnesses. It replaces the original circuit board inside the factory ECU enclosure and mounts using the factory brackets.
This Link G4X EVO9 plug-in ECU is suitable for the models listed below:
- CT9A Lancer Evolution 9, 2005-2007
- CT9A Lancer Evolution 8, 2003-2005 with 3 plug ECU ONLY
Once the installation is complete, the Link G4X allows a good tuner to achieve an optimal state of tune to get the most out of any combination of modifications.
All Link G4X plug-in ECUs come with a base map. While these maps are designed to help save time for you and your tuner, it is essential that these are used simply as a starting point for further tuning.
The engine can easily be converted to speed density by removing the air flow meter and instead using a suitable MAP and air temperature sensor. Likewise, this ECU can also be set up to control boost electronically with in-cabin adjustment. This eliminates the need to purchase a separate electronic boost control system.
The vehicle’s original sensors & actuators are used except for the following exceptions:
- MAP sensor – This ECU comes with an on-board 4.0Bar (up to 44psi boost) MAP sensor. For boost pressures above 44psi a higher reading external MAP sensor may be used. An external MAP sensor can be connected to the existing wiring that was previously used for the mass air flow sensor. Alternatively, an external MAP sensor may also be connected to the expansion connector of the ECU using the XS Loom (sold separately). Some EVO 9 models have a factory MAP sensor and these are also supported.
- Inlet Air Temp Sensor (IAT) – An inlet air temperature sensor should be mounted in the engine bay and wired via the original air flow meter wiring.
- Electronic Boost Control – The original 2-port boost control solenoid may be used or if higher boost or an external wastegate is used we recommend upgrading the boost control solenoid to one of our 3 port units. The factory wiring may be utilised.
- Injectors – The factory low impedance injectors may be retained or if upgraded injectors are used and these are high impedance then the original ballast resistor pack should be removed and replaced with one of our ballast resistor delete plugs (or similar).
Extra sensor inputs
The expansion connectors on the Link G4X board is provided to allow the easy connection of additional ECU inputs. The two expansion connectors on this particular plug-in model provides the following:
- 5V Supply
- Sensor Ground
- 6 Analogue voltage inputs
- 2 Digital Inputs
- 1 Temperature Input
These may be used for functions such as driver adjustable boost control, wideband lambda input, external MAP sensor, fuel pressure and oil pressure, oil temperature etc.
Any redundant outputs may be reconfigured & used for alternative uses. Examples include, shift light, water injection, NOS control etc.