Link Part #N350X
The Link G4X range of engine management systems builds upon the previous G4+ ECUs by featuring an all new micro-processor, an upgraded communications chip and expanded data logging. These improvements allow for a more responsive and accurate tune, much faster download speeds and far greater internal data logging capacity.
The Link G4X range of engine management systems are well known for delivering class-leading performance without sacrificing factory levels of drivability. The G4X plug-in ECUs are designed to be the most complete plug-in solution yet.
This 350Z plug-in ECU will save you time and money as it will plug straight into the vehicle’s original wiring loom without the need for messy adapter harnesses. It consists of a complete new enclosure which replaces the factory ECU entirely. It is suitable for engines using a manual or automatic transmission as detailed below.
Nissan 350Z 2003-2006 with VQ35DE engine
Nissan Skyline V35 2003-2006 with VQ35DE engine
Infinity G35 2003-2006 with VQ35DE engine.
The later VQ35HR engines are NOT supported.
Once the installation is complete, the Link G4X allows a good tuner to achieve an optimal state of tune to get the most out of any combination of modifications.
All Link G4X plug-in ECUs come with a base map. While these maps are designed to help save time for you and your tuner, it is essential that these are used simply as a starting point for further tuning.
The engine can easily be converted to speed density by removing the air flow meter and instead using a suitable MAP and air temperature sensor. Likewise, this ECU can also be setup to control boost electronically with in-cabin adjustment. This eliminates the need to purchase a separate electronic boost control system.
The vehicle’s original sensors & actuators are used except for the following exceptions:
- MAP sensor – This ECU comes with an on-board 4.0Bar (up to 44psi boost) MAP sensor. If higher boost pressures are required then an external MAP sensor may be used and connected to one of the analog inputs of the G4X’s expansion connector using the XS Loom (sold separately). The airflow meter is not required.
- Inlet Air Temp sensor (IAT) – An appropriate IAT sensor (sold separately) should be fitted just prior to the throttle body. The factory AFM wiring contains wires which can be used for an aftermarket IAT sensor. Alternatively, if modifying the existing AFM wiring is not desired then an IAT sensor can be wired via the expansion connector on the ECU using the XS loom (sold separately).
- Boost control – For turbo applications, a suitable boost control solenoid must be fitted (available separately from NZEFI). If in-cabin boost adjustment is required then a boost knob or boost switch is also needed. These can all be connected to the expansion connector of the ECU using the XS Loom.
- Injectors – The Link G4X plug in is NOT designed to be used with low impedance injectors. The 350Z VQ35 engines all are factory fitted with high impedance injectors so no change is required. However if aftermarket low impedance injectors have been fitted then the correct ballast resistors MUST be fitted. These are available separately.
Extra sensor inputs
The expansion connectors on the Link G4X board is provided to allow the easy connection of additional ECU inputs. The two expansion connectors on this particular plug-in model provide the following:
- 2 x 5V Supply
- 2 sensor grounds
- 3 digital inputs
- 1 analogue voltage input
- 1 analogue temperature input
These may be used for functions such as driver adjustable boost control, switchable fuel/ignition maps, wideband lambda input, external MAP sensor, fuel pressure and oil temp/pressure.
Any redundant outputs may be reconfigured & used for alternative uses, e.g. extra electric fans, intercooler water spray, shift light, water injection
–IAT sensor, plug and weld-on boss
–XS Loom to connect extras e.g. IAT and external MAP sensor
-Ballast resistors pack for low impedance injectors