Link Part #NGTR+
The Link G4+ range of engine management systems are already well known for delivering class-leading performance without sacrificing factory levels of drivability.
The G4+ plug-in ECUs are designed to be the most complete plug-in solution yet.
This GTR Skyline plug-in ECU will save you time and money as it will plug straight into the vehicle’s original wiring loom without the need for messy adaptor harnesses. It replaces the original circuit board inside the factory ECU enclosure and mounts using the factory brackets. It is suitable for all R32-34 GTR’s with manual transmissions as indicated below. Automatics are not supported.
R33 GTR RB26DETT or with single turbo conversion
R34 GTR RB26DETT or with single turbo conversion
Once the installation is complete, the Link G4+ allows a good tuner to achieve an optimal state of tune to get the most out of any combination of modifications.
All Link G4+ plug-in ECUs come with a base map. While these maps are designed to help save time for you and your tuner, it is essential that these are used simply as a starting point for further tuning.
The engine can easily be converted to speed density by removing the air flow meter and instead using a suitable MAP and air temperature sensor. Likewise, this ECU can also be setup to control boost electronically with in-cabin adjustment. This eliminates the need to purchase a separate electronic boost control system.
The vehicle’s original sensors & actuators are used except for the following exceptions:
- MAP sensor – This ECU comes with an on-board 4.0Bar (up to 44psi boost) MAP sensor. If higher boost pressures are required then an external MAP sensor may be used and connected to one of the analog inputs of the G4+’s expansion connector using the XS Loom (sold separately). Alternative options exist for modifying the factory loom to use existing wiring for an external 12V MAP sensor (contact NZEFI for details on this). The airflow meters are not required.
- Inlet Air Temp sensor (IAT) – From factory the GTR is fitted with an IAT sensor to the inlet manifold and this is supported by the G4+ plug-in. However for best results we recommend an alternative IAT sensor to be fitted to the intercooler pipe just prior to the plenum entrance (these are available from NZEFI). This may use the existing IAT wiring or connect to the expansion connector of the ECU.
- Boost control – The factory boost solenoid wiring on R32-R34 GTR’s may be used, however an appropriate boost solenoid must be used (these are available from NZEFI). This 3 port boost solenoid must be mounted on and plumbed off the turbo side, not the intake side as per the factory GTR solenoid. The LH strut tower is an ideal location to mount the solenoid. Accordingly, the boost solenoid wiring is to be extended from intake side over to the turbo side to reach the solenoid.
- Injectors – The G4+ plug in is designed to be used with high impedance injectors. Low impedance injectors may only be used with ballast resistors. Luckily, all GTR models have low impedance injectors with a factory-fitted ballast system so no changes are necessary. DO NOT remove the factory fitted ballast resistors unless the injectors are changed to a high impedance type.
Extra sensor inputs
The expansion connectors on the Link G4+ board is provided to allow the easy connection of additional ECU inputs. The two expansion connectors on this particular plug-in model provides the following:
- 2 x 5V Supply
- 2 sensor grounds
- 4 digital inputs
- 3 analogue voltage inputs
- 2 analogue temperature inputs
These may be used for functions such as driver adjustable boost control, switchable fuel/ignition maps, wideband lambda input, external MAP sensor, fuel pressure and oil temp/pressure.
Any redundant outputs may be reconfigured & used for alternative uses, eg extra electric fans, intercooler water spray, shift light, water injection (we NZEFI are happy to assist in details of setting these up).
–Fast Response R32-34 GTR Specific IAT sensor with connector
–XS Loom to connect extras e.g. IAT and external MAP sensor
-High-precision electronic boost control solenoid
-Ballast resistors pack for low impedance injectors
The R32-34 GTR plug-in ECU is available as a ‘Turbocharged’ engine package. This package differs slightly from our conventional plug-in Turbocharged ECU package in that the expansion loom and IAT sensor supplied are specifically for GTR applications.
The ‘Turbocharged’ package includes:
- 1 x Link G4+Nissan Skyline R32-R34 GTR plug-in ECU
- 1 x R32-34 GTR specific IAT sensor with connector – direct fit and uses existing the IAT sensor wiring. Only the connector needs changing over to the one supplied
- 1 x Boost control solenoid
- 1 x Boost select switch with cover (missile switch)
- 1 x NZEFI custom 2-wire GTR expansion loom with wiring for boost select switch only
If you would prefer our conventional plug-in packages that contain the full 8-wire Link XS Loom and the universal IAT sensor with weld-on aluminium boss, please select the R32-34 GTR ECU from the drop-down list the following product page:
Conventional ‘Turbo’ package: Link G4+ Plug-in ECU Turbocharged Engine Package