Link Part #G4KNL
Knock, also known as detonation or “pinging”, refers to the spontaneous combustion of an air/fuel mixture inside the combustion chamber. Engine knock can cause severe engine damage within seconds. If knock does occur, the self calibrating G4 KnockLink can warn the driver with a high intensity red flash.
Knock is often due to:
- Engine management problems (incorrect air fuel ratio or ignition timing)
- Poor fuel quality
- Engine cooling problems
- Incorrectly rated spark plugs
Even light detonation will damage an engine over time. The G4 KnockLink’s microprocessor continuously scans the knock signal to warn of any knock occurring. The engine’s RPM and load is automatically 3D profiled by the KnockLink, continuously storing and dynamically adjusting this noise profile map while looking for the particular knock frequency.
Connect to either your existing sensor or preferably, add an additional sensor (sold separately).
- Intelligent self learning digital system.
- Low detection accuracy
- No complicated calibration process.
- High intensity red warning flash.
The KnockLink standard kit includes:
- G4 KnockLink with wiring loom
- Mounting bracket
- Installation guide
- Knock Sensor with connector
- Knock Sensor with a shielded loom.