Link G4X XtremeX ECU
Link part #G4XX
The Link G4X range of engine management systems builds upon the previous G4+ ECUs by featuring an all new micro-processor, an upgraded communications chip and expanded data logging. These improvements allow for a more responsive and accurate tune, much faster download speeds and far greater internal data logging capacity.
With 8 injector drives, 8 ignition drives and single electronic throttle control, the G4X XtremeX ECU is perfect for many late model V8 engines. Common applications include Toyota 1UZ-FE VVTi, 2UZ-FE VVTi, 3UZ-FE VVTi, 3UR-FE VVTi, Nissan VK45DE, VK56DE, Chev LS2, LS3, L98, LS7 Ford Coyote 5.0 V8 VVT, Dodge Hemi 6.1L, etc. It can also run engines with up to 12 cylinders using group-fire injection and a distributor or wasted spark ignition.
The G4X XtremeX has a long list of features as standard. Some of the key features are:
- Variable camshaft control for up to four camshafts.
- Closed loop idle control
- Closed loop boost control
- Knock control with support for up to 2 sensors
- E-throttle (for a single electronic throttle)
- 2 Channel CAN
- Traction Control
- Trigger scope
- 512 Megabytes of data logging and up to 250 ECU parameters
- Motorsport features such as anti-lag and launch control
The G4X XtremeX has the following inputs and outputs:
- 8 Injector Drives (suits high impedance injectors)*
- 8 Ignition Drives
- 10 Auxiliary Outputs (Fan, Boost control, idle speed control, etc.)
- 11 User-configurable Analog Inputs (MAP, TPS, wide-band O2, oil pressure, boost adjust knob, etc.)
- 4 User-configurable Temperature Inputs
- 2 dedicated trigger inputs
- 10 User-configurable Digital Inputs (or 8 if using CAN bus 2)
- 2 knock sensor inputs with knock control fully enabled as standard
- 2 Independent CAN buses
*The older G4+ Xtreme Black ECU is still being sold along side this newer G4X XtremeX ECU mainly for those that specifically require ‘peak and hold’ injector drives for low impedance injectors as this is not a feature on the G4X XtremeX.
- L = 170mm (6.69″)
- W = 130mm (5.12″)
- H = 42mm (1.65″) at highest point, 27mm (1.06″) at lowest point
- Weight = 678g (1.5 lbs)
Link G4X ECUs do not require the use of an air flow meter. The engine can be converted to speed density using a Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor and an intake air temperature (IAT) sensor.
Once the installation is complete, the XtremeX allows a good tuner to achieve an optimal state of tune to get the most out of any combination of modifications.
The G4X XtremeX ECU comes with a non-engine-specific base map. The ECU will need to be configured for the engine type and then tuned via the free software application PCLink.
The XtremeX comes with a USB tuning cable. In most cases the XtremeX can use all of the factory sensors except for the MAP and IAT sensors which are sold separately.
Loom kit A and B must be purchased. Available in 400mm, 2.5m, 5m. The 2.5m and 5m loom options with this product listing include the NZEFI wiring looms as they offer better temperature and corrosion resistance for a slightly cheaper price. However, the original Link branded looms can still be purchased separately if required (see separate product listing for these).