Link Part #FZJ100Link
The Link G4+ range of engine management systems are already well known for delivering class-leading performance without sacrificing factory levels of drivability.
The G4+ plug-in ECUs are designed to be the most complete plug-in solution yet.
This Toyota Landcruiser FZJ100/FZJ105 plug-in ECU will save you time and money as they will plug straight into your vehicle’s original wiring loom without the need for a messy adapter harnesses. It replaces the original circuit board inside the factory ECU enclosure and mounts using the factory brackets. It is suitable for Toyota Landcruiser models using a manual transmission as detailed below. Automatics are NOT supported.
- Toyota Landcruiser FZJ100 with 1FZ-FE engine
- Toyota Landcruiser FZJ105 with 1FZ-FE engine
- Toyota Landcruiser 70 series with the same 100 series 1FZ-FE
Toyota Landcruiser 80 series with a 1FZ-FE that uses a distributor-type ignition is NOT supported.
FZJ100 and FZJ105 models can have an ECU with either 3 or 4 wiring harness connectors depending on the year and geographical market that the car was sold in. The FZJ100Link ECU supports both three and four plug models. On models with four plugs on the wiring harness, the plug that has no matching connector on the ECU is to be left disconnected.
This Link G4+ plug-in ECU integrates fully with the factory car and will retain control over features such as dual fuel tanks system etc just like factory ECU.
Once the installation is complete, the Link G4+ allows a good tuner to achieve an optimal state of tune to get the most out of any combination of modifications.
All Link G4+ plug-in ECUs come with a base map. While these maps are designed to help save time for you and your tuner, it is essential that these are used simply as a starting point for further tuning.
For turbocharged applications, this ECU can also be setup to control boost with an external boost solenoid. This eliminates the need to purchase a separate electronic boost control system.
The vehicle’s original sensors & actuators are used except for the following exceptions:
- MAP sensor -The factory MAP sensor fitted to Toyota Landcruiser FZJ100 models is supported, but is only suitable for naturally aspirated applications as they are not able to read boost. For turbocharged or supercharged applications, an aftermarket external MAP sensor must be used and connected to the factory MAP sensor wiring. The OMNI 4.0 Bar MAP sensor to suit Toyota Supra models is an ideal upgrade as it shares the same connector as the factory FZJ100 MAP sensor making installation a simple plug-in job.
- Inlet Air Temp Sensor (IAT) – The factory IAT sensor fitted to Toyota Landcruiser FZJ100 models is supported, but is only suitable for naturally aspirated applications due to their relatively slow response time. For turbocharged or supercharged applications, a fast response IAT sensor is strongly recommended which should be installed into the intercooler pipe just prior to the throttle body (these are available from NZEFI). This may use the original IAT wiring or connect to the expansion connector of the ECU.
- Boost control – For turbocharged applications, an appropriate boost solenoid must be used. The boost solenoid is to be connected via one of the expansion connectors of the ECU using an XS Loom. NZEFI also can supply a 2-wire version of the expansion loom for the sole purpose of connecting a boost solenoid to the ECU. This 2-wire expansion loom is supplied with the ‘Turbocharged Engine Package’ variation of this product listing.
- Injectors – The Link G4+ plug in is NOT designed to be used with low impedance injectors. All FZJ100 models are factory fitted with high impedance injectors so no change is required. However if aftermarket low impedance injectors have been fitted then the correct ballast resistors MUST be fitted. However, aftermarket high impedance injectors can be used without any resistors required.
Extra sensor inputs
The two expansion connectors on the Link G4+ board are provided to allow the easy connection of additional ECU inputs. The expansion connectors provide the following:
- 5V Supply
- 12V Supply
- Sensor Ground
- 6 Analogue Inputs
- 1 Digital Input
- 1 Temperature Input
- 3 Auxiliary Outputs
- 2 Ignition Aux Outputs
These may be used for functions such as driver adjustable boost control, switchable fuel/ignition maps, wideband lambda input, fuel pressure and oil temp/pressure.
The Toyota Landcruiser FZJ100 plug-in ECU is available as a ‘Turbocharged’ engine package. This package differs slightly from our conventional plug-in Turbocharged ECU package in that the expansion loom and IAT sensor supplied are specifically for FZJ100 applications.
The ‘Turbocharged’ package includes:
- 1 x Link G4+ Toyota Landcruiser FZJ100 ECU
- 1 x OMNI Supra 4 Bar MAP sensor (plug-in installation)
- 1 x Fast response inlet air temperature sensor
- 1 x Boost control solenoid
- 1 x NZEFI custom 2-wire FZJ100 expansion loom with wiring for boost solenoid only