Genuine Bosch Motorsport Fast Response Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor with Plug, Terminals and Boot.
Suitable for forced induction (turbocharged or supercharged) applications.
Air temperature greatly effects an engines optimal ignition timing as well as the required fuel injection duration on an engine being controlled based on speed density calculations (i.e. no mass air flow meter). Most aftermarket engine management systems operate based on speed density principals and for these systems, accurate air temperature measurement is very important. In these cases the Inlet Air Temperature (IAT) sensor should be mounted just before the throttle to best measure the temperature of the air actually being ingested by the engine. This creates some challenges for forced-induction (turbocharged and supercharged) engines as this temperature rises and falls very quickly. In order to track the fast changing air temperatures, a fast-response Inlet Air Temperature sensor is required.
To meet these requirements, we offer this Bosch Motorsport fast-response IAT sensor which is suitable for forced-induction engines.
- Genuine Bosch Motorsport item ensures best quality
- Very broad temperature range (-40°C to +130°C)
- Common calibration that can be used with most aftermarket ECU’s including Link G4/G4+ and Vipec V and i series models
- NTC (negative temperature coefficient) resister design as used with most modern vehicles – provides broad temperature range
- Mounts using a single M6 bolt – Optional weld-on boss available in aluminium with tapped M6 mounting bolt hole
- Common Bosch Minitimer (EV1) electrical connection (plug included)
- Suitable for turbo or supercharged applications (must be intercooled)
- Measuring Range = -40°C to +130°C
- Maximum Permissible Temperature = +140°C
- Nominal Voltage = 5V
- Rated Resistance at 20°C = 2.4 kΩ +/- 5.4%
- Mounting hole diameter = 6.6mm (suitable for M6 Bolt)
- Temperature sensor hole diameter*** = 12.5mm
***this represents the ideal hole size that needs to be drilled into your intake pipe, but can be slightly larger when using our weld-on boss. If you plan to make your own mounting boss, the sensor hole must be 12.5mm diameter (H8 tolerance) and between 8mm and 20mm deep to ensure that the O-ring on the sensor seals correctly. A 1mm, 30° chamfer on this hole allows for easier fitting and prevents damage to the O-ring upon installation.
Note: Not recommended for applications where the IAT may reach 130°C or more. In practice all this only applies to forced induction engines being run without an intercooler.