Link G4+ Thunder ECU – The most advanced ECU in the Link range.
Link part #G4+T
With advanced features such as an on-board two channel wideband controller, dual electronic throttle control, two channel EGT inputs, 3-axis accelerometer and considerably more inputs and outputs than any other Link ECU ever made, there is no denying that the Link G4+ Thunder ECU is a worthy place holder as their flagship model.
The G4+ Thunder has a long list of features as standard. Some of the key features are:
- E-throttle control for up to two electronic throttles
- Two channel on-board LSU4.9 digital wide band oxygen sensor controller
- 2 K-type exhaust gas temperature (EGT) inputs
- 3 axis accelerometer
- 2 channel CAN
- Knock control with support for up to 2 sensors
- Peak and hold injector drives
- Traction Control
- Closed loop idle control
- Closed loop boost control
- Trigger scope
- Variable camshaft control for up to four camshafts.
- Full data logging with up to 25 parameters and 32 Mbit of memory
- Motorsport features such as anti-lag and launch control
The G4+ Thunder has the following inputs and outputs:
- 8 peak and hold injector drives
- 8 ignition drives
- 2 knock sensor inputs with knock control fully enabled as standard
- 2 independent CAN buses
- 16 user-configurable digital inputs – 6 of which can be differential reluctor (speed sensor /ABS wheel speed sensors)
- 16 user-configurable Analog Inputs (MAP, TPS, wide-band O2, oil pressure, boost adjust knob, etc.)
- 20 auxiliary outputs (fan, boost control, idle speed control, etc.)
- 4 user-configurable temperature inputs
- 2 dedicated trigger inputs
- L = 210mm (8.27″)
- W = 170mm (6.69″)
- H = 42mm (1.65″) at highest point, 27mm (1.06″) at lowest point
- Weight =1100g
Link G4+ ECUs do not require the use of an air flow meter. The engine can be converted to speed density using a Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor and an intake air temperature (IAT) sensor.
Once the installation is complete, the Thunder allows a good tuner to achieve an optimal state of tune to get the most out of any combination of modifications.
The G4+ Thunder ECU comes with a non-engine-specific base map. The ECU will need to be configured for the engine type and then tuned via the free software application PCLink.
The Thunder comes with a USB tuning cable. In most cases the Thunder can use all of the factory sensors except for the MAP and IAT sensors which are sold separately.
Looms are available separately – The Thunder has 4 ECU connectors – A, B, C and D. Connectors A and B are available as 400mm or 2.5m flying lead looms. The 2.5m loom options with this product listing include the NZEFI wiring looms as they offer better temperature and corrosion resistance for a slightly cheaper price. However, the original Link branded looms can still be purchased separately if required (see separate product listing for these). Connectors C and D are available only as a connector housing and terminal kit.