Link G4+ Storm Black Turbocharged Engine Package
For applications requiring a wire-in ECU, NZEFI saves you money and takes out the guess work with these Link G4+ engine management packages.
This Link G4+ Storm Black Turbocharged Engine Package includes:
- Link G4+ Storm Black ECU with USB tuning cable
- NZEFI 68-Pin G4+ Easy Mounting Kit with 3 relays and 4-way fuse holder
- 2.5m Wiring loom(s) – choice of ‘A’ Loom only or ‘A and B’ Loom together. A further option exists consisting of a full 2.5m ‘A Loom’ with a ‘Stripped B Loom’. See notes at the bottom of this page regarding loom options
- Inlet Air Temperature Sensor with connector and aluminium weld-on boss
- Boost Control Solenoid with rubber mount and 2x hose tail fittings
- Boost select switch with safety (missile) cover
- Choice of one of the three MAP sensor options:
A.) 2.5 Bar MAP Sensor (for turbo engines up to approx 22 PSI of boost)
B.) 3.0 Bar MAP Sensor (for turbo engines up to approx 29 PSI of boost)
C.) 4.0 Bar MAP Sensor (for turbo engines up to approx 43 PSI of boost)
The Link G4+ Storm Black is perfectly suited to 4, 6 or 8 cylinder engines that have neither an electronic ‘fly-by-wire’ throttle nor have large sized, low impedance injectors requiring ‘peak and hold’ injector drives. If either of these features are required, then the Link G4+ Xtreme or G4+ Fury ECU‘s would be better suited.
The G4+ Storm Black ECU has the following key features:
- 8 Injector Drives
- 8 Ignition Drives
- 8 Auxiliary Outputs (Fan, Boost control, idle speed control, etc.)
- 8 User-configurable Analog Inputs (wide-band O2, oil pressure, boost adjust knob, etc.)
- 3 User-configurable Temperature Inputs
- 2 dedicated trigger inputs
- 8 User-configurable Digital Inputs
- 2 Channel closed loop knock control
Examples of typical applications include:
4 Cylinder: 4A-GE 16V Turbo, 4A-GE 20V Turbo, 3S-GTE, Beams 3S-GE Turbo, B16A Turbo, B18C Turbo, H22A Turbo, Mazda B6-T, SR20DET, SR16VE+T, SR20VE+T, EJ20-T, and EJ25T
6 Cylinder: RB20DET, RB25DET, RB26DET(T), RB30ET, RB30DET, VG30DET(T), VQ30DET, VQ35DE+T, 1JZ-GTE, 2JZ-GTE, Holden Ecotec V6 Turbo, Ford 4L I6 Turbo (including Barra 6 XR6-T), BMW M50, M52, S50, S52 Turbo
8 Cylinder: 1UZ-FE Turbo, VH41 Turbo, VH45 Turbo, Ford V8 Turbo, Holden V8 Turbo, Chev LS1, LS2, LS3, L98, LS7 Turbo.
Some of these engines listed are factory fitted with electronic throttle. In this case, either a mechanical (cable) throttle can be retrofitted (allowing the Storm Black to be used) or the electronic throttle can be retained by using the Link G4+ Fury or G4+ Xtreme ECU’s.
Wiring Loom Options – Buy what you need, not what you don’t
The Link G4+ Storm Black uses 2 looms, referred to as an ‘A Loom’ and a ‘B Loom’. For basic 4 cylinder applications, it is possible to use the ‘A Loom’ only. If additional inputs like closed loop knock control are required, or if the ECU is intended to be used on a 6 or 8 cylinder engine running coil-per-cylinder ignition and/or sequential injection, both the ‘A Loom’ and the ‘B Loom’ will be required.
In many cases, the second ‘B’ loom is needed for only a handful of functions, leaving much of the loom unused. As an alternative to the full 34-wire 2.5m ‘B’ loom, NZEFI exclusively offer a ‘stripped’ B Loom in a effort to lessen the expense of the wiring loom component of this package. The stripped B loom contains the 17 most commonly used wires terminated in the ‘B’ connector. These wires include:
- Injector drives 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Ignition drives 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Knock sensor inputs 1 and 2 (with shield / ground)
- Temperature sensor input 3
- Analogue volt channels 5 and 6
- 1 x Sensor ground wire
- 2 x Ground wires
These 17 wires are the same colours and to the same specification as those in the standard Link G4+ 34-wire B loom. The remaining unused locations in the connector are sealed off with blanking bungs.
If you are unsure about which looms you’ll need, please contact us.