Link Part #TS2JZ+
The Link G4+ range of engine management systems are already well known for delivering class-leading performance without sacrificing factory levels of drivability.
The Link plug-in ECUs are designed to be the most complete plug-in solution yet.
This Toyota Supra plug-in ECU will save you time and money as they will plug straight into your vehicle’s original wiring loom without the need for messy adaptor harnesses. It replaces the original circuit board inside the factory ECU enclosure and mounts using the factory brackets. It is suitable for 2JZ-GTE single turbo, non-VVT-i engines using a manual transmission as detailed below. Automatics are not supported.
- Toyota Supra Mk4 1992 -1997 – JZA80 with 2JZ-GTE engine (non VVTi and single turbo)
This Link G4+ Plug-in ECU is not suitable for the factory sequential twin turbo set-up. If the factory sequential twin turbos are still being used, they would need to be converted to either a single turbo set-up or the factory sequential turbos need to be converted to non-sequential.
Once the installation is complete, the Link G4+ allows a good tuner to achieve an optimal state of tune to get the most out of any combination of modifications.
All Link G4+ plug-in ECUs come with a base map. While these maps are designed to help save time for you and your tuner, it is essential that these are used simply as a starting point for further tuning.
The engine can easily be converted to speed density by removing the air flow meter and instead using a suitable MAP and air temperature sensor. Likewise, this ECU can also be setup to control boost electronically with in-cabin adjustment. This eliminates the need to purchase a separate electronic boost control system.
The vehicle’s original sensors & actuators are used except for the following exceptions:
- MAP sensor – The Link G4+ Toyota Supra Mk4 plug-in ECU can be used with the factory MAP sensor or an after market MAP sensor can be used and wired in via the existing MAP sensor wiring or via the ECU’s expansion connector.
- Inlet Air Temp Sensor (IAT) – While the factory IAT sensor can be used, we strongly recommend upgrading to a fast response IAT sensor (available separately from NZEFI).
- Electronic boost control – The factory boost solenoid control wiring is used, however the boost solenoid itself must be upgraded on applications using an external wastegate or elevated boost levels. If in-cabin boost adjustment is required then a boost knob or boost switch is also needed. These can be connected to the expansion connector of the ECU using the XS Loom.
- Injectors -The Link G4+ plug in is NOT designed to be used with low impedance injectors. Fortunately, the Toyota Supra Mk4 JZA80 is factory fitted with high impedance injectors so no change is required. However if aftermarket low impedance injectors have been fitted then the correct ballast resistors MUST be fitted. These are available separately.
Extra sensor inputs
The expansion connector on the Link G4+ board is provided to allow the easy connection of additional ECU inputs. The expansion connector provides the following:
- 5V Supply
- Sensor Ground
- 2 Analogue Inputs
- 2 Digital Inputs
- 2 Analogue Temperature Inputs