Link G4+ Monsoon Turbocharged Engine Package
For applications requiring a wire-in ECU, NZEFI saves you money and takes out the guess work with these Link G4+ engine management packages.
This Link G4+ Monsoon Turbocharged Engine Package includes:
- Link G4+ Monsoon with USB tuning cable
- NZEFI Compact Easy Mounting Kit with 3 relays and 4-way fuse holder
- 2.5m Link G4+ Wiring Loom A
- Inlet Air Temperature Sensor with connector and aluminium weld-on boss
- Boost Control Solenoid with rubber mount and 2x hose tail fittings
- Boost select switch with safety (missile) cover
The Link G4+ Monsoon offers the power and flexibility of the G4+ platform at an affordable price.
The Monsoon sits between the entry level Atom II and the Storm Black in the Link G4+ wire in ECU range. It is targeted for 4 cylinder engines requiring a few more inputs and outputs than the Atom provides, but not needing to the number of inputs/outputs found in the larger ECUs like the Storm, Xtreme, Fury or Thunder. Unlike the Atom, the Monsoon can also control continuously variable camshafts and has features such as closed-loop boost control, anti-lag, launch control, fully functioned gear shift control.
With 4 injector drives & 4 ignition drives, this Link G4+ Monsoon ECU can run sequential injection and direct spark on a 4 cylinder engine. It can also run up to 12 cylinders using group-fire injection and a distributor or wasted spark (up to 8 cyl) ignition. The Link G4+ Monsoon has the following inputs and outputs:
- 4 Injector Drives
- 4 Ignition Drives (unused ignition drives can be configured as auxiliary outputs)
- 6 Auxiliary Outputs (Fan, Boost control, idle speed control, etc.)
- 1 Dedicated Analog Input (Internal 4Bar MAP sensor)
- 4 User-configurable Analog Inputs (Oil pressure, wide-band O2, fuel pressure, boost adjust knob, etc.)
- 2 User-configurable Temperature Inputs
- 4 User-configurable Digital Inputs
- 2 Dedicated trigger inputs
- 1 CAN bus
This is enough for many applications, but if you require more inputs and outputs, a knock sensor input, electronic throttle control, or a built in wide-band controller then one of the higher end Link G4+ wire-in ECUs should be considered.
Typical applications for the G4+ Monsoon Turbocharged Engine Package include 4A-GE 16V Turbo, 4A-GE 20V Turbo, 3S-GTE (Beams only with mechanical throttle), B16A Turbo, B18C Turbo, H22A Turbo, Mazda B6-T, SR20DET, SR16VET, SR20VET, EJ20T (incl. AVCS), and EJ25T.
While the G4+ Storm Black, Fury (6 cyl only), Xtreme or Thunder ECU’s are recommended for 6 and 8 cylinder engines, lower budget 6 and 8 cylinder applications can use the Monsoon with group fire injection and wasted spark ignition. This allows this package to be used in many instances on engines with turbochargers fitted such as 1UZ-FE, 1JZ-GE, 2JZ-GE, RB20, RB25, RB30, VG30, VQ30 , VH41, VH45, Holden Ecotec V6, Ford 4L I6, Ford V8, Holden V8, Chev LS1, LS2, LS3, L98, LS7, BMW M50, M52, S50, S52 plus many more. Note that some of these engines listed are factory fitted with electronic throttle. In this case, either a mechanical (cable) throttle can be retrofitted (allowing the Monsoon to be used) or the electronic throttle can be retained by using the Link G4+ Fury, G4+ Xtreme or G4+ Thunder ECU’s instead. Also note that some of these engines listed are factory fitted with 4 or 6 terminal stepper motors for idle speed control – stepper motors are not supported on the Monsoon, but they are supported on all the higher end G4+ wire in ECUs (i.e. all except the Atom and Monsoon).