NZEFI Link G4+ Monsoon Easy Wire Package – Toyota 20V 4AGE (NA 4 Ignition Coil) Engine Specific
For applications requiring a wire-in ECU, NZEFI offers engine management packages that are ‘engine specific’ to suit a range of popular engines. By including an ‘easy wire kit’, essential sensors and accessories as well as a pre-loaded start-up map, these are our most comprehensive engine management solution yet.
This G4+ Monsoon Easy Wire Engine Management Package is designed for naturally aspirated Toyota 20V 4A-GE engines (either silver top or black top) that have been converted to a 4 coil ignition system using the popular 1NZ or 2NZ ignition coils or a similar ignition coil conversion. For turbocharged 20V 4A-GE applications requiring electronic boost control and also using 4 ignition coils, we recommend using the G4+ Storm Black instead of the Monsoon as the Storm has plenty of outputs to allow for an uncompromised installation.
This package includes the following items:
- Link G4+ Monsoon ECU with a ‘start-up’ map pre-loaded into ECU (see notes below for further details)
- NZEFI Monsoon Easy Wire Kit with 2.5m wiring loom – specifically configured to suit Toyota 20V 4A-GE with supporting documentation
- Inlet Air Temperature Sensor with connector and aluminium weld-on boss
With the easy wiring kit, all redundant wiring has been removed and additional wiring that is required for the application has been added. All of the required wiring is labelled to further simplify installation. To complete the wiring loom, simply wire up the various power and ground wires and terminate the engine connectors at the required lengths for your installation. The essential connectors required for the engine’s sensors, injectors, coils etc. can either be sourced from a suitable ‘donor loom’, or alternatively, new from NZEFI. Please refer to our Toyota 20V 4A-GE Connector kit for more details.
The NZEFI Monsoon Easy Wire Kit supplied with this Toyota 20V 4A-GE engine management package has wiring for the following ECU inputs and outputs:
- Temperature – engine coolant temp sensor, inlet air temp sensor (+ optional oil temperature sensor)
- Analogue – MAP sensor in ECU, throttle position sensor ( + optional oil pressure & fuel pressure sensors)
- Digital (DI) – starter signal (+ optional vehicle speed sensor)
- 2 x cam/crank sensor inputs (typically the trigger wheel and sensors in the stock distributor body are retained but with the distributor cap and rotor removed)
- Optional CAN wiring for wideband lambda (AFR) with diagnostic information using Lambda to CAN module
- 4 x Injectors
- 4 x Ignition coils
- 1 x VVT solenoid
- 2 outputs for the stock 3-wire idle speed control solenoid
- Fuel pump
- Cooling fan
- Tachometer or external check engine light (ECU also has a CE Light on the side of it next to the loom connector)
- Optional CAN wiring for a digital dash
CAN bus wiring (CAN High / CAN Low) can also be included with your easy wire kit as an option. CAN bus wiring is most commonly used for connecting a digital display (dash) that supports communication via CAN such as the Link / Race Technology Dash 2 Pro or Link CAN-Lambda Controller . However, the CAN bus wiring can also be used for other CAN device(s) of your choice.
This input / output allocation has also been configured accordingly as part of the start-up map loaded in the Monsoon ECU.
Optional 1NZ Ignition Coil Set with Connectors:
Although the 1NZ / 2NZ coils are not a ‘direct fit’ for 4A-GE engines, their single bolt mount and overall dimensions do lend themselves quite well for use on 20V 4A-GE engines with minimal modifications. Coil adapter plates and distributor blank-off covers are readily available from a number of suppliers.
The G4+ Monsoon ECU in this package is supplied with a start-up map for no extra charge. NZEFI’s start-up maps are created to assist the installer/tuner with getting the engine running. However, these are NOT to be considered a completed, optimised or safe tune and further tuning WILL be required.
The map was originally developed for a naturally aspirated 20V 4A-GE race engine with stock individual throttle bodies but with aftermarket exhaust, intake ram tubes and cams. However this map can be used as a starting point for any naturally aspirated 20V 4A-GE.
Prior to attempting to start the engine all outputs (auxiliary outputs, injectors and ignition) should be checked to confirm their operation and correct wiring by using the test functions built into the ECU and activated via PCLink.
While as much of the ECU configuration as possible has been completed as part of the start-up map,
prior to attempting to start the engine, all inputs (sensors, triggers, switches etc) should be checked and calibrated. In particular it is most important to check & adjust the ‘Trigger Offset’ using a timing light (see PCLink help for a detailed explanation on these procedures). There is also a calibration procedure for the Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor and the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) which must be performed.
As the Easy Wire Kit in this package is custom made to order, please allow up to approximately 2 weeks for order fulfillment.